Examples of Words of Appreciation
Who doesn’t like to hear a “Thank you” or “I appreciate you” every now and then? Whether you’re thanking someone for a gift or favor or just for being a good friend, words of appreciation are always appreciated! Sometimes, however, it’s hard to know what to say. Luckily, we’ve got your back. From short and sweet messages to longer phrases of appreciation, here’s how to express gratitude anytime, anywhere.
Common Words of Appreciation
You don’t have to give a big speech or write a long thank you letter to let someone know you appreciate them. Sometimes short is sweet.
· Thank you.
· I am indebted to you.
· Dinner was delicious.
· I appreciate you.
· You are an inspiration.
· I am grateful to/for you.
· You are a blessing.
· You are a true friend.
· You’re so great.
· This is great.
· You light up my life.
· My sincere thanks.
· You’re the best.
· You make me happy.
· You’ve been very helpful.
Common Appreciation Sayings
If you’d like to say more than three or four words of appreciation, these phrases help make your sentiments feel more powerful.
- I don’t know what I’d do without you, and I hope I never have to find out!
- I only hope I’m able to someday give back to you what you’ve given to me.
- “Thank you” doesn’t feel like enough, but it truly sums up how I feel. I’m so thankful for what you’ve done.
- Your thoughtfulness has not gone unnoticed. It will stay with me forever.
- The world is lucky to have someone like you, who is always there for others.
- Beyond the word “thanks,” I hope you’ll feel my gratitude and appreciation for a very long time.
- You deserve recognition for the kindness you’ve shown me.
- My heart and soul are forever indebted to you. Thanks for being awesome.
- I wish you could feel the gratitude I’m feeling right now.
- I appreciate your thoughts and actions. It’s not every day I get to experience such kindness.
Words of Appreciation for Gifts
People always appreciate it when you take the time to thank them for a gift, especially if they didn’t get to see you open it.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
· You are one of the most generous people I know.
· Are there no limits to your generosity?
· You are so thoughtful and generous in your gift giving.
· Thank you for the delightful gift.
· You must have read my mind because your gift is exactly what I wanted.
· You picked the perfect gift for me.
· Thanks for being so thoughtful.
· Your gift means a lot to me.
· If you could see my face right now, you’d see a look of gratitude.
· Thank you for showering me with gifts for the baby.
· You made my birthday a special day.
· I am grateful for you and your generosity.
· Thanks for thinking of me; you made my day.
Words of Appreciation for Help & Support
For someone who has been there for you or encouraged you during a difficult time, a message of gratitude is a great way to thank them.
· How can we ever thank you enough for all you’ve done? We’re forever grateful.
· You helped me right when I needed help most.
· If anyone deserves thanks, it’s you.
· I really appreciate your support in this endeavor.
· You have been extremely supportive through this difficult time. I could not have gotten through it without you.
· We must thank you for your support at this time.
· I want to thank you for all the support and concern.
· That was very kind of you. How can I ever repay you?
· Your support has made me a stronger person and I will forever be grateful.
· Thank you for always being there for me.
· Taking the time to help me was a very nice thing for you to do. Thanks so much.
· Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to be kind.
· You are the most beautiful and wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. I’m so lucky!
Words of Appreciation in the Workplace
To help keep things positive in the workplace, a few words of thanks or support can make employees feel appreciated and valued.
You are a great employee and a positive force around the office.
· I want to acknowledge everyone’s extra effort.
· You did an excellent job on that report.
· I want to thank you publicly for your hard work and dedication.
· Your attitude and work level suit us here, so keep up the good work!
· Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me.
· You have been a valuable member of our team.
· Thank you for giving me the chance to fulfill my potential here.
· Your commitment to this project is second to none.
· I appreciate you supporting me at the meeting.
· You have a winner’s attitude.
· Thank you for sharing your vision.
· Your commitment to excellence has inspired others.
· We appreciate your innovative thinking.
· Your attention to detail puts you at the top.
· Thank you for taking the initiative and getting it done.
Show Your Appreciation
Showing appreciation through words in cards, texts, social media posts, or face-to-face conversations can turn someone’s day around. Find the right way to say thanks to everyone in your life.